Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Chicago Hot Dog Company

I stopped into the Chicago Hot Dog Company with a craving and a hope that it wouldn't just be another dog in a sea of imposters.

The store front is inviting but can get lost in the shuffle on Michigan Road. It's located at 8320 N. Michigan Road, Indianapolis.

Their website:http://www.chdcompany.com/index.html


When you walk in you get a clean and fairly hip place. Chicago urban, bricks and morter.





Which is to be expected. What's not expected is the friendly and attentive service that is blinding fast. When I placed my order, my food was ready before my change was given.

I ordered the Chicago Hot Dog (Of Course) which is a Vienna Beef Dog served with a savory relish, chopped onion, sport peppers, tomato, celery salt and a pickle spear on a poppy sead bun.

Here is what it's supposed to look like:

When mine came out, it looked like this:






Yep, that's a damn fine version of a Chicago Dog. It was unbelieveably tasty for $2.99. It was served up fast and my only "complaint" was that the dog might have had a bit more snap to the casing. Not everyone likes that snap, so... I defer to the method.

Overall, a nice experience and the best dog I've found a hundred miles south of Chicago. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment